If You Don't Have a Game Plan For Teaching Writing,
How Can You Expect Your Students to Become Better Writers?
TRANSFORM YOUR STUDENTS INTO ROCKSTAR WRITERS USING A PROVEN APPROACH THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!
In our EB Writing Program we provide you with all of the lesson plans, graphic organizers, and trainings you need, so that you walk away knowing EXACTLY how to teach writing!ADD YOUR NAME TO THE WAITLIST!
You already know teaching writing is tough.
And with all the planning and prepping and grading and searching online for writing lessons taking up your time, it’s virtually impossible to implement a consistent and effective writing curriculum that gets your students mastering the writing standards.
And if you’re like most of the middle school ELA teachers before they start working with us, then you probably feel frustrated and fed-up with the choppy and disorganized writing your students produce ... you likely even feel as though you’re drowning in piles of mediocre essays to grade each Sunday afternoon (already dreading the next essay you’re going to assign).
And, we get it. We’ve all been there.
The truth is ... you might have your students write consistently throughout the year, but do you ever teach them HOW to write?
We totally get it. You have a lot to teach during your ELA period and you never thought you’d be THAT teacher that only practiced writing that appeared on state testing. You thought your students would be the ones who loved writing and who impressed you with their clever evidence from the text and thoughtful analysis ... and it’s frustrating that they don’t.
The thing is ... if you don’t EXPLICITLY teach your students how to write using a framework that actually works, then they will continue to struggle and produce below average writing.
The cold hard truth is this:
If you don’t nail down HOW to teach writing, your students will continue to struggle with their essays (not to mention even a short paragraph!), and you’ll continue to piece together random writing lessons that leave you doubting your abilities as an ELA teacher.
Show us JUST ONE successful middle school ELA teacher who gets her students to be
rockstar writers without making writing the foundation of her curriculum.
That’s because they know what you may not have realized until right now:
When you make a PROVEN writing approach a part of EVERY. SINGLE. UNIT that you teach, your students will transform into rockstar writers!
If you’ve already felt like your students’ writing could be stronger and your writing lessons could be more powerful, that means you already have what it takes to step into the role of a rockstar writing teacher.
In this program, we’re going to show you EXACTLY how to do that.
THE EB WRITING PROGRAM ISN'T A TYPICAL "PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING" LIKE THE ONES YOU'RE REQUIRED TO ATTEND
(... you know, the ones where you tune out in the back of the room as you grade essays).
... IT'S A FOUR-UNIT TRANSFORMATION PROCESS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ...
... FROM STRUGGLING, MEDIOCRE WRITERS INTO CONFIDENT, WRITING ROCKSTARS.
After learning our PROVEN EB Writing Approach, you will walk away knowing ...
- Exactly HOW and when to teach the different types of writing to set your students up for lifelong success.
- How to plan out your writing scope and sequence, so you aren’t wasting time piecing together writing activities for your students that don’t align.
- How to use our “done for you” frameworks, graphic organizers, and rubrics to help scaffold your students into confident, critical writers.
- That you are FINALLY on a path to getting results for your students ... your colleagues will be asking you what your secret is for producing the best writers in the school (even your district!).
SEE WHY SO MANY OTHER TEACHERS ARE RAVING ABOUT THE EB WRITING APPROACH!
A Proven Approach. Real Student Results.
Discover how teachers (just like you!) are creating thriving writing programs and
helping their students master the writing standards!
People like ...
Leslie, a 6th grade ELA teacher, who sent us this email after being observed by her principal:
Or Darcie, a Middle School ELA Teacher, who sent us this email within days of first implementing our EBW Approach with her students:
And SO MANY other teachers, just like you, seeing incredible results in their classrooms!
Leaving the boring, ineffective hamburger model behind
Jennifer, a high school English teacher, is finding fresh ideas and support through the incredible EB Writing Program and teacher community.
An ah-ha moment for fitting writing into her curriculum
Erica, a middle school English teacher, finally has a roadmap for fitting all of the writing pieces together.
"I have no time to sit and go through hundreds of websites to pick and choose pieces for me to use in my lessons, which is why I stay up late at nights or work on the weekends when my kids are napping. Using the EB Writing Program has been SPECTACULAR. I knew that investing in the couple of hours of lesson plans would help me in the long run. And boy has it! Everything is so clearly outlined and completed."
- Jackie (7th Grade ELA Teacher)
6th Grade ELA Teacher
"This is an amazing approach! Having resources that are organized and streamlined is incredibly beneficial for teachers and students alike. Anyone using the EB Writing Program will not be disappointed!"
6th and 8th Advanced English Teacher
"I am so impressed by how complete, thought-out, and well-executed the EB Writing Program is. I've been disappointed by online courses and Teachers Pay Teachers resources in the past and, truthfully, I was kind of expecting to be underwhelmed. However, you did it! You've changed my mind and restored by faith in our community! This course rocks, and it truly has made me a better teacher!"
Middle School ELA Teacher
"The EB Writing Program is so easy to implement in your classroom and will save a ton of time. You will really see kids mastering concepts they are going to need in the upper grades. It is so versatile and allows the students to really 'own' their writing."
GET READY FOR THE BEST WRITERS
TO COME FROM YOUR CLASS!
Here's what's waiting for you inside the program right after you join:
Master the Writing Standards
The EBW APPROACH
A successful middle school ELA curriculum is rooted in writing about literature. In this unit, we’ll help you lay the foundation for writing success in the classroom by introducing the EBW Approach, and you will see your students develop a confident writing mindset as they transform into rockstar writers.
Inside Unit 1, You’ll Discover:
- How to confidently introduce our proven literary analysis writing framework (the EBW Approach) to students.
- What the EBW Approach looks like in your classroom, so it works with the literature YOU want to teach.
- The best time of year to teach the EBW Approach (yes, this matters!).
- The magic behind “TAG” and its power to produce immediate results with your students’ writing.
- The single most effective way to get students to analyze their evidence from the text.
- How to get students to nail the essay conclusion (no more, “Thank you for reading my paper”).
- The ONLY way you will ever do peer editing again.
- The game-changing speaking activity you can do with your students to elevate their writing.
Nail the State Writing Prompts
(without teaching to the test)
Now that you’ve witnessed how the EBW Approach can transform your students into exceptional writers who critically analyze literature, it’s time to apply the framework to expository writing. Here you’ll uncover activities and lessons to help students practice applying their newfound skills to different styles of writing.
Inside Unit 2, You’ll Discover:
- The must-teach writing lessons for Compare and Contrast, Problem-Solution, Cause and Effect, and Descriptive Writing.
- Step-by-step processes that break down each component of expository essays for students.
- Scaffolded graphic organizers to support students throughout the entire writing experience.
- Powerful activities that actually get your students excited about writing (investigation trails, games, and more!).
- What one teacher calls “her favorite resource of all time” and what a group of middle school students voted as “their favorite writing activity of the year.”
- Essay topics and writing prompts to keep your students writing all year long!
Conquer the Craft of Persuasion
Persuasive and Argumentative Writing
In this unit, students will learn to transform their strong opinions into killer persuasive and argumentative pieces. Here, they will learn a framework that will help them refine their writing technique so they can get results when it comes to causes that matter to them. This unit will guide students to effectively use logic, reasoning, and researched facts to craft an argument that will get noticed.
Inside Unit 3, You’ll Discover:
- A simple speed-dating strategy and engaging "who-dunnit" mystery activity that will hook your students and get them excited about writing.
- Powerful strategies to help your students harness emotion and logic to create the ultimate persuasive piece.
- The effective acronym for getting students to master the counterclaim.
- Scaffolded steps that break down every component of a persuasive and argumentative essay, so they feel "doable" for your students.
- The rubric that will cut your grading time in half.
Master the Art of Storytelling
Narrative writing should be a fun and creative writing opportunity for students, not a diary of every fantastical or rambling idea that ever crossed their mind. Luckily, this unit will provide you with the structure that your students want and need to craft an interesting and meaningful narrative.
Inside Unit 4, You’ll Discover:
- The exact scope and sequence to use with your narrative writing unit to get the best results.
- A simple way to use mentor texts in your writing lessons (or gather books from our suggested mentor book list).
- Engaging mini lessons that will transform students’ writing (leads, transitions, word choice, and more!).
- Tips to set up fun and memorable publishing parties to celebrate students’ success.
PLUS, You'll Get These Must-Have BONUSES!
Members Only Private Facebook Group
You'll get special access to a community of like-minded teachers, plus access to our incredible community for help and support with anything that comes up for you!
10 Evidence-Based Resources
THREE READING RESPONSE CHOICE BOARDS:
The prompts in these Reading Response Choice Boards all reinforce the EBW Approach and require almost NO PREP for you! Plus, these all come with a digital version as well.
THREE SETS OF TASK CARDS:
These task cards help you EASILY implement the EBW Approach into class discussions and Socratic Seminars.
FOUR Reading Activities for Any Novel
Use these NO PREP activities with any piece of literature!
Extra Support to Make Your Life Easier!
These bonuses help you refine the EBW Approach. From a step-by-step lesson on how to utilize your rubric and save time grading to using the EBW Approach with informational texts, these bonuses ensure you're fully supported with a robust writing program.
Digital Versions of ALL Activities and Handouts
Making the Most of Your Rubric
EBW and Informational Texts
EBW and Compare and Contrast Responses
EBW and Multiple Texts
Teacher Writing Samples
for EVERY Writing Unit
These student-facing videos cover ALL aspects of the EB Writing Program for your students. Simply send them to your students and ensure that your writing program is highly effective (even with distance learning). Or use them as extra support, so your students can go back and re-watch a concept they might struggle with.
So, now it’s time for you to make a choice …
The first choice is to do nothing. And, like you already know, if you choose nothing, then nothing changes …
BUT, if you already know that you want to transform your students into rockstar writers and implement a proven and effective writing curriculum, then your choice is obvious: join us inside The EB Writing Program, and start your transformation to becoming the rockstar writing teacher you were meant to be.
Simply click the button below, and our team will be ready to greet you on the inside!
But choose quickly! The registration period won’t be open for long.
Membership in The EB Writing Program is only open until July 29th, and that's just a few days from now!
After that it will be quite some time before you have the chance to join again.
You’ll miss out on the chance to transform your teaching, your students’ writing, and honestly, your life.
You CAN do it. With the right mindset, the right tools, and the right support, you can transform your life and the lives of your students (no matter what school looks like this year!).
And the EB Academics team will be here to help.
So, don’t waste another year dreaming about what could be as you continue to grade below average essays.